Set & Forget WordPress Security System using CloudFlare
What is Cloud Defender 2020?
Cloud Defender is a full system to protect your WordPress sites against hackers and other risks by using CloudFlare‘s free services. It comes with a complete PDF tutorial how to setup everything inside CloudFlare for maximum benefits and comes with 4 free WordPress plugins to fully protect your site(s).
Why should you use CloudFlare?
CloudFlare, a service that speeds up and secures websites by acting as a “guard” between servers and the entire internet. On average, sites protected with Cloudflare:
- Load 200% faster.
- Use 60% less bandwidth.
- Are way more secure than unprotected sites.
And by using the free plan of Cloudflare, you can get a FREE SSL certificate for any of your sites.
The only thing is…
If you’ve never used Cloudflare before, it can be difficult to start with and you don’t know what the best settings are to fully take advantage of all (free) options.
That’s why Matt Garrett had developed Cloud Defender…
A complete PDF tutorial how to setup CloudFlare the proper way and use 4 free WordPress plugins for even more protection and perfect interaction between your WP site and CloudFlare.
And Mark also walks you through setting up SSL protection for your all your websites. It’s an easy process when you follow our clear and simple steps.
Main features of Cloud Defender 2020
- Module #1 What is CloudFlare?. Everything you need to know about CloudFlare.
- Module #2 CloudFlare Setup. Just follow the 5 steps.
- Module #3 Securing your CloudFlare Account with 2-Factor Authentication.
- Module #4 CloudFlare Overview Settings. Which options to choose.
- Module #5 DNS Settings & Security. Which options to choose.
- Module #6 Firewall Settings. Protect your site against Brute Force Attacks and keep intruders away.
- Module #7 Speed Settings. Minify and more.
- Module #8 Cache & CDN Settings. Purching and more.
- Module #9 Page Rules for always using https, hide WP-admin/WP-login, and faster page loads.
- Module #10 Network Settings. Which options to choose.
- Module #11 CloudGuard IP Geolocation Plugin Setup.
- Module #12 CloudFlare Customize Settings.
- Module #13 CloudFlare Apps. For example Google Analytics App.
- Module #14 Scrape Shield Settings. Obfuscated emails, hide content from bots and prevent image hotlinking.
- Module #15 SSL/Crypto Setup. How to transfer your site from http to https secure site (yes completely free!).
- Module #16 CloudFlare Analytics.
4 WordPress plugins:
- CloudFlare WordPress Plugin. This plugin ensures your WordPress blog is running optimally on the CloudFlare platform.
- CloudFlare Flexible SSL Plugin. This plugin forms an integral part to enabling Flexible SSL on WordPress and prevents infinite redirect loops when loading WordPress sites under CloudFlare’s Flexible SSL system.
- CloudGuard IP Geolocation Plugin. Using CloudFlare’s free Geolocation service, this super lightweight plugin restricts access to your login page, allowing access to only your chosen countries. This means that any login attempts from the rest of the world will be automatically blocked.
- Purge Cache. This plugin automatically clears CloudFlare cache when you publish new content. It also help further the protection of your WordPress site at the DNS level.
In summary: Cloud Defender learns you everything you need to know and gives you the tools to fully protect your WordPress site, add SSL security (https), reduces bot traffic and use CloudFlare’s Content Delivery Network (CDN) for caching and faster page loads.
What’s the difference with Blog Defender?
While Cloud Defender is more or less about using “server protection” and using CloudFlare, Blog Defender is all about protecting your WordPress site by WordPress’ own vulnerabilities.
Inside Blog Defender, you’ll learn more about what the actual risks are and you’ll discover different ways to protect your WordPress site (besides how to do backups, and protect you from malware infections). Plus you will get 3 plugins to secure your site.
Read my full review about Blog Defender to see all the details.
In short, Cloud Defender and Blog Defender can and should be used together for your best security (they don’t overlap each other).
Are there any shortcomings?
The guide is easy to follow with clear instructions and screenshots.
(But if you prefer, you can upgrade and learn the same topics by watching videos)
Note: I transferred this site to CloudFlare and to secure https by using the PDF only (I didn’t watch the videos).
And speaking out of experience, it’s doable even if you have an existing website with lots of pages and posts.
If you follow all the steps, i.e. create and setup your account with CloudFlare, and install and setup the plugins as demonstrated in the videos, you’re better protected than 99% of all the blog owners.
Is it fully bulletproof?
No, you can’t get 100% security, but you probably won’t need any extra “server” protection (besides additional WordPress protection as explained in Blog Defender).
Can you use it on both new and already existing WordPress sites?
Yes, you can (I did).
But with existing sites, you have many pages with current (internal) links that you want to convert from http to https.
Tip: Use this awesome free plugin:
Velvet Blues Update URLs to change all links from http to https.
I also had many images (or video thumbnails) hosted at external locations (with insecure http website). And unfortunately, your browser (Firefox and Chrome) won’t show the “green lock” if the page contains images filed/located on “insecure sites”. (So, I had to save and upload them to my own domain – a real pain in the ass and boring task to do).
Anyway, be prepared that transferring your existing website can be time consuming and never forget to backup before and test into the smallest details afterwards.
Why should you buy Cloud Defender?
Because it’s a full simple step by step system/process that anyone can follow to protect your site better, add free SSL security (https), improve your page loads and take advantage of all CloudFlare’s free services as CDN (Content Delivery Network), caching/purching and more.
And you are even allowed to use the lessons learned and material (PDF) to offer “security services” to local clients and charge money for your services.
At the moment, for a limited time, you can get Cloud Defender (with developers rights to use on unlimited personal and clients WordPress blogs) for $17.00 (one-time payment).
The offer has a 30 day no questions money back guarantee period.
Upsell or OTO?
The first upsell is the possibility to get Blog Defender 2020 ($25.00). Now you get the best system for setting up the ultimate security for your WP site. It works hand in hand with Cloud Defender. Read my review about Blog Defender 2020 to see all the details.
The second upsell is WP Simulator 2020 Local ($27.00).
The third upsell is the possibility to get WP Toolkit ($77.00 instead of $147.00). A huge bundle of WordPress Themes and Plugins all with Developers Rights!
My Cloud Defender bonus
If you buy through my affiliate link, for each product you’ll buy (main front-end or any upsell), you can choose one product for free on GeorgesDeals.com.
To get your bonuses, just send your receipt to [email protected] and I will send your bonuses within 24 hours.
But don’t procrastinate, this offer ends soon.
Other related products
Matt Garrett is the creator of another excellent product called Blog Defender 2020, for even more security improvements for your WP sites.
Some other handy plugins and “must-have” tools for WordPress blogs…
Or to save time with a new WordPress installation, check out WP Freshstart 5.0.
Instead of your bonuses, can I get a cash rebate?
Yes, follow this link to see how you can get a cash rebate of 12,5% for (almost) all your products (front-end and/or up- and downsells) purchased via my affiliate links.
How to be sure you'll use my affiliate link?
No worries, follow this link to see how you can check that you'll use my affiliate links.
Can I get updates if you'll write a new review?
I have several Email Lists and other Notification Lists that you can subscribe to. You can select out of Email, Facebook Messenger, Facebook Notifications, and Browser Notifications. I segmented my email lists into 4 main topics: "New Reviews", "New Hacks", "New Product Launches", and "New Software White Label Launches". Just select your favorite topic(s) and way to get notified.
Can't find my review but still want to buy a product and get my special bonuses?
First check out if you can find it on this page: New Products. Still not found? Send me an email ([email protected]) and tell me which product you want to buy. And I'll reply with the affiliate link you can use.